Sunday, January 6, 2013

My birthday is officially over

We had a nice Christmas, other than me being sick.  Nathan is one spoiled little boy!  We also got a birthday cake for Jesus.  Since mommy's birthday was shortly after Christmas, we had a lot of birthdays in a row (Nathan, Jesus, Mommy).  So now Nathan thinks it is time for daddy's birthday!

On 12/29 I went to Reid Park Zoo to celebrate Sundzu, the baby elephant's 2nd birthday.  Afterward I stopped at the Tucson Botanical Gardens to take pictures of the butterflies.

New Years Eve we did not much, but Paul and I did stay up until midnight to ring in the new year.  I could list a ton of new year's resolutions, but they are actually all things that I have strived for in the past.  The first and foremost being to eat healthier, exercise more and lose more weight.  I have done well so far doing my bike.  The eating better part not so much yet with my birthday and finishing up holiday treats.  I would love to cook more at home and utilize all of the recipes I have been keeping.  We also plan to scan a bunch of my mother in law's pics and in the process we may finally get to some of ours as well!  The list goes on...

New Years Day we drove to Bisbee so Nathan could play in the snow.  Nathan made a snow angel and we all made a snowman.  Then we ate at a cute pizza place in town where they had the best chocolate canolis!  That evening we went to dinner at Vivace to celebrate my birthday a little early.  The food was very good.

On my birthday, Paul went back to work and Nathan was home with me since his school was still on break.  Not a very exciting birthday...which is why we extended it out and celebrated for several days.

Nathan had his 3 year checkup at the pedi's office on January 3rd.  He weighs 33 1/2 lbs (60%) and is 37 3/4 " tall (50-55%).  She was very pleased with his speech and the rest of his development.  He was well behaved, too!

Yesterday, 1/5, we went to the Wildlife World Zoo.  I really enjoyed myself and took a ton of pictures.  Nathan liked the train ride and boat ride.  Then we went to the Phoenix Zoo that evening for their Zoolights.  It was ok, but too crowded for my taste.  I can say I have experienced it, but I doubt we will go back.  One reason that I wanted to go was to see their light show set to the music of Trans-Siberian Orchestra. 

Today we went to church and then ate lunch at Grimaldi's using my birthday coupon for a free pizza.  My birthday celebration is now over.  I was not so excited about my birthday this year because I am quickly approaching 40 and I felt I had little to show for my life thus far.  However, in the new year I have been trying to keep a positve attitude and I am working hard to be happier.   

No comments:

Post a Comment