Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Nathan is in his new class now

On 7/3/13 we took Bella and Tulla to the vet for the 6 month appointment.  There was some kind of mix up, though, because the wrong vet gave them their exams.  We are supposed to see Dr Wilson, but for some reason Dr Tucker checked them out.  I really like Dr Wilson, but I do not care for Dr Tucker that much. Bella lost about 6 lbs and is only about 3 lbs from her goal.  The challenging part is that we can not really take her for walks because she may attack other dogs.  The vet suggested swimming, but that is not something we can do all of the time, especially during the year when the water is not warm enough.  Tulla also lost weight and is at her ideal weight now.  The vet made a big deal about Tull'a leg and said that she has very limited movement with it.  Obviously!  She was hit by a car and broke it.  We think she gets around pretty good actually.  She runs up and down the stairs.  Sometimes she limps a little, but usually only if she has been laying down for awhile.  The vet gave me the OK to take her for walks (I was concerned because I did not want to overdo her leg) so I think the exercise will do her some good.  Of course they suggested a different (expensive) food, doing physical therapy for her, talking to a surgeon and possibly amputation.  I think all of this is premature and the expense related to all of this is just not warranted at this time.  I want to try the walking and see how that goes, but it will be much easier when the weather cools down.  The other issue is that Tulla keeps itching a lot.  They said it could be a food allergy (one more reason to switch to their expensive food), a seasonal thing or something like that.  They said to try Benadryl.  I still need to buy some.

Nathan started school on 8/5.  Unfortunately, he did not have a very good first day.  They have a red card green card system.  A red card means they misbehaved.  He got a red card then got his green card back and then got another red card.  He was the only kid in class to get a red card that day.  He was also one of the only boys in the class that day.  I think there may have been one other boy, but there were a lot of girls.  I am not sure if that is affecting his behavior.  Hopefully, it was just because it was his first day and everything was new.  Today is his second day.  There are supposed to be 13 kids there today!  I like it when the class is smaller so I hope it goes well with that many kids.  There are supposed to be a few more boys there today, but still a lot of girls.

Yesterday I took Nathan to the Childrens Museum.  Our dentist gave us a card for free admission so we were able to use that.  Nathan had fun.  Then we went out to lunch with daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment