Saturday, May 14, 2016

School is almost out!

On 3/28/16 I went to Tucson Botanical Gardens.

On 3/31/16 I went to the Desert Museum.

We went to the Phoenix Air Show with the Thunderbirds on 4/2/16.

I went to Tucson Botanical Gardens, Tohono Chul Park and to see the Oracle owls on 4/4/16.  At the Tucson Botanical Gardens I got to see the irises.

4/5/16 was a busy day.  I saw the 3 baby owls in Oracle.  I went to Arthur Pack Park.  I went to Bach's Cactus Nursery.  I saw the Argentine Giants at Northwest RV & Storage.  I saw the Flying Saucers at Tohono Chul Park.  I also went to Pima Prickly Park.

On 4/6/16 I went back to see more flying saucers at Tohono Chul Park and to see the Argentine Giants at Northwest RV & Storage.  I also saw the dad and baby owls in Oracle.

I went back to see the Argentine Giants at Northwest RV & Storage on 4/7/16.

On 4/8/16 I went to Pima Prickly Park and Tohono Chul Park.  I also got to see the First Light, Ladyfinger and saguaro blossoms at Tucson Botanical Gardens.  They had more irises blooming as well.

On 4/9/16 the boys went to Lowe's so Nathan could participate in a bird feeder building class.  I went to Tohono Chul Park.

I saw more Argentine Giants at Northwest RV & Storage on 4/10/16.  I saw more Flying Saucers
and a baby bunny at Tohono Chul Park.

I went to Bach's Cactus Nursery on 4/11/16.  I saw more Argentine Giants at Northwest RV & Storage.  I saw the First Light, Ladyfinger, irises and the butterflies at Tucson Botanical Gardens.  I saw Flying Saucers and lizards at Tohono Chul Park.

On 4/13/16 I went to B&B Cactus Farm for the first time.  I also went to the Desert Museum and the Reid Park Rose Garden.

We left for D.C. on 4/16/16.  We had a layover in Atlanta.  Took us almost the whole day to get to D.C.  We went to Chinatown for dinner when we got there.

The next day we went to see the Iwo Jima Memorial.  Then we went to Arlington National Ceremony. I was happy to see several cherry blossom trees still in bloom there.  Then we went on our brunch cruise.  Nathan got to meet the captain.  Unfortunately, we did not go by many of the monuments, but the food was good and the cruise was relaxing.  After the cruise we went to see the Jefferson Memorial.  There was still a cherry blossom tree blooming near it, too.  We went over by the White House on our way back to the hotel.  Nathan was excited to ride the train that day.  It was still a lot of walking, though.  I did over 30,000 steps on my Fitbit which is 3x my normal daily routine.

We went to the National Zoo on 4/18/16.  We got to see one panda outside.  Paul thought he saw the baby in a tree.

The next day we went to the Vietnam War Memorial, the Korean War Memorial, the WW1 Memorial, the WW2 Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial.  Then I went to the Botanical Gardens while the boys went to the Air & Space Museum.  Then we all went over to the Smithsonian.

That concluded our D.C. trip and we spent the last day traveling back home.

On 4/21/16 and 4/22/16  I went to Tohono Chul Park to see more Flying Saucers.  They are my favorite cactus flowers.  

I went back again to Tohono Chul Park to see the Flying Saucers on 4/23/16.  The boys went to the Pima County Fair.  I saw a snake in our yard that day and had to call someone to come get it.  They said it was a baby rattler.

On 4/26/16 I went to see the prairie dog pups and the bighorn sheep lambs at the Desert Museum.  I also went to Columbus Park.

Nathan went on a field trip to the Children's Museum on 5/3/16.  He said he did not have that much fun, though, because there were too many kids there.

May 4th was Star Wars Day.  May the 4th be with you.  Nathan is really into Star Wars.

Cinco de Mayo was on May 5th.  Nathan went to Lowe's to make a chalkboard planter for me for Mother's Day.

I went to see the butterflies at Tucson Botanical Gardens and to the Reid Park Rose Garden on 5/6/16.

Nathan went to Home Depot on 5/7/16 to make an Angry Birds birdhouse.  He also went to the Pima Air & Space Museum to make a model airplane.

Mother's Day was 5/8/16.  Nathan made me a card.  He also gave me the birdhouse he made at Home Depot and the chalkboard planter that he made at Lowe's.  I really did not feel like going out that day. We were going to go to Tubac, but I did not want to go that far.  We may do that for Father's Day instead.  I stayed home all day and the boys brought me home Olive Garden for dinner.

I went to the Desert Museum on 5/9/16.  I saw the prairie dog pups, the bighorn sheep lambs and quite a few cactus flowers.

We went to an Awards Ceremony at Sonoran Science Academy on 5/12/16.  Nathan was recognized for being on the honor roll.  He got straight A's all year.  I am so proud of him.

Today the boys went to Breakers Water Park.  Nathan got a free pass from his school.  

Next week will be Nathan's last week of school.  His kindergarten graduation will be on 5/17/16.  He and I will be seeing the 30th anniversary showing of Ferris Bueller's Day Off on 5/18.  Nathan will be getting a swim lesson with Kristi's Kids on 5/19.  That is also his last day of school.  He will be home for a week before he starts the summer FLIGHT program at Casas Christian School.

No comments:

Post a Comment