Monday, December 4, 2017

Hard to believe the holidays are here already and the year is almost over!

We sold our Grand Prix to Carmax for $700.  We were hoping for more, but given the circumstances (11 years old, over 140k miles, bad transmission, etc...) I guess it is good we got something for it.

We went to the Leman Fall Festival on 10/27

We participated in the Boneyard 5K walk again this year on 10/28.  Paul finished 50:16, Nathan finished 50:26 and I finished 1:04.  I at least was not last!  That night we went to the U of A homecoming football game vs. Washington.  Arizona won!

For Halloween, Nathan was Luke Skywalker, Paul was Darth Vader, Bella was Chewbacca and Tulla was Princess Leia.  That day I went to the Reid Park Rose Garden and the zoo.

We went to the Cops and Rodders car show on 11/4.  At the car show, Nathan participated in his first pinewood derby.  He made it to one of the final rounds.

On 11/6, Nathan went on a school field trip to Colossal Cave field trip

I went to the Desert Museum on 11/7.

Tulla turned 11 on 11/9.  She is doing pretty good for her age, but she is starting to have issues controlling her bladder.

Paul and Nathan went to a NASCAR race on 11/12 while I went to the Wildlife World Zoo.

I went to the Reid Park Rose Garden and the zoo on 11/20.

I went to the Tucson Botanical Gardens, the Reid Park Rose Garden and the Desert Museum on 11/21.

We celebrated Thanksgiving just the 3 of us at home on 11/23.  I made a traditional turkey meal for myself, but the boys had shrimp.  We are such an unconventional family.

Paul and Nathan went to see Thor on 11/24

We went to see Santa in the mall on 11/26 after church.  I noticed later that Paul and I wore the exact same clothes for our picture with Santa back in 2013!

I went to the Reid Park Zoo on 11/28.

I went to the Desert Museum on 11/30.

I went to Reid Park Zoo and the Pima County Cooperative Extension Gardens on 12/1.

Nathan attended a class at Home Depot on 12/2 to build a wooden gingerbread house.  Later that day he attended a birthday party at Toys R Us.

Tomorrow, Grandma June and Grandpa Fred are coming to visit us.  They will be here until 12/12.  We plan to celebrate Nathan's 8th birthday with them this weekend.  His theme this year is construction trucks.  We are doing family pictures at JC Penney on Sunday, 12/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment