Saturday, November 26, 2022

Quick Updates

 Nathan had an away volleyball game as MASSA on Wednesday.  It turned into quite the ordeal.  It was early release day at school so I was supposed to pick him up from school at 1:10.  We were going to go home, grab a bite to eat and then head to MASSA to be there by 4.  I was at the school to pick him up when I got a phone call from Paul.  Nathan called home and asked if he could go with some teammates to the game.  Several of them were going to get pizza and go to the game together.  Paul told him yes.  There were several problems with that.  One, I was already at the school to pick him up.  Two, we don't even know the parents of the boy who was going to take them from school and drive them to the game.  Three, Nathan didn't have his volleyball clothes with him because he was supposed to come home first.  So I didn't go to the game.  I texted Paul and told him that Nathan's volleyball clothes were sitting on the couch.  He didn't get the text in time.  Nathan also called home and left a message about the clothes, but Paul was in the shower and never got the message.  Paul went to the game.  Nathan was unable to play because he didn't have his clothes and his team lost.  This was their sister school who they actually won against when they had a home game.  A very disappointing day.  Lesson learned is to not make those kind of decisions last minute without thinking everything through.  It takes me 20+ minutes to drive to the school and I was already there.  I was not a happy camper.  Nathan ended up not being a happy camper either because he didn't get to play.  

They have another away game on Monday at Red Rock Elementary.  The coach is asking for parents to drive the team there.  Not sure yet how we are going to handle that.

Thanksgiving we stayed home and didn't do anything.  Paul just cooked out some steaks and hot dogs.  

The day after Thanksgiving we decided to put Bella down.  I had told Paul earlier in the week that if he wanted to do it, he would have to call and set it up because I couldn't handle it.  He decided to do it on Friday.  He wanted to "get it done" so that he could shampoo the carpets and get the Christmas tree up. I had prolonging it ever since Bella had her exam several months ago and her bloodwork came back abnormal.  The vet told us at that time that he would support any decision we made about her quality of life.  I was not ready to lose her yet because we just lost Tulla on 6/30.  Bella had arthritis and recently was having trouble controlling her bowels.  I knew it was time.  It doesn't make it any easier.  I was very close to her.  Paul took her to the vet yesterday to get the procedure done while Nathan and I stayed home.  We thought it would be easiest that way.     

No comments:

Post a Comment