Thursday, June 14, 2012

In-laws are in town

I went to the doctor on 6/8.  Horible experience!  She advised me not to drive until we found out the cause of my fainting and I think that is way too drastic and unrealistic.  Furthermore, the cause may never be found because it is very hard to find such a cause.  Then at one point during the appointment, she said, "please stop interrupting me, I am trying to talk!".  She was very rude about it, too.  It took me by such surprise that I was afraid to say anything after that point.  I told her I was uncomfortable talking to her now so we wrapped things up.   They did an EKG and a blood test which both came back fine.  My blood pressure was also nomal.  However, she has referred me to a cardiologist.  I am supposed to see the cardiologist next week.  I have no desire to keep this doctor as my doctor anymore, though, so I am in the process of finding a new one.

On 6/11, my sister-in-law Lisa and my nephew Connor arrived in town.  They are staying with us until 6/21.  I took them to the Desert Museum yesterday.  They liked it, but it was really hot and the animals (and hummingbirds) were not very active.  It was also much prettier in the spring when all of the cacti were blooming.

Nathan had another speech therapy session on 6/12 and it went really well.  In the last two weeks he has started saying pizza, juice, bathroom, sun, done, woof, and light on, just to name a few.  He is also finally saying Nina correctly.  Today we met with his pediatrician for his 2 1/2 year appointment to update her about his speech progress.  She was very happy to hear how good he is doing.  He weighed 30.5 lbs and meausred 35.5 inches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment