Friday, March 7, 2014

Spring is here!

So we went to the NASCAR race in Phoenix on 3/2.  Once again, #4 (#29 prior) Kevin Harvick won.  I think he has won 3 times since we started going to the races there.  We had a good time.

On 3/4 I took a picture of Nathan taking a picture with this "camera (aka viewfinder) of the sunset.  I submitted to some of the news channels on Facebook and my picture was featured on the 10:00 news!

On 3/5, I went to Reid Park Zoo to see the lion cubs.  They had not been out prior because one of the cubs was still sick.  It was a great day.  I got some good pictures this time.  I wish I could go every day to see them!  After the zoo I went to Tucson Botanical Gardens.  There were some cacti blooming already and one of the irises was in bloom.  I saw the most beautiful hummingbird, but it quickly flew away before I could get a decent picture.  After the gardens I saw some poppies on the side of the road.  It was a great day for photography and a sure tell sign of Spring!

Tuesday, 3/4, was Fat Tuesday and I could not resist getting a paczki from Bashas.  I did not get there until Wednesday and they only came in a box of 6.  I ended up eating 3 of them in the last couple of days and I think the sugar overload made me faint this morning.  Fortunately, it was not bad.  I was making Nathan's lunch for school and woke up on the floor.  I had bumped my head.  Otherwise, I recovered quickly after fainting, unlike the last several times that I fainted and felt sick the rest of the day.  Time to get my sugar back under control...other than that Shamrock shake I still want to get!

No comments:

Post a Comment