Saturday, March 21, 2015

A great time of the year to be in the desert...

I love this time of the year in Tucson because wildflowers start showing up and cacti start blooming.

3/9/15 I went to Ajo Highway near Sandario to see the poppies by the pipeline.  The poppies were not really open that early so I went on to the Desert Museum.  I went back later in the day to see the poppies on Ajo Highway and was surprised to see a huge jackrabbit.  The thing looked as big as a deer.  I did get a few pictures, but I did not have my telephoto lens with me at the time.

I took Nathan to the Children's Museum the next day.  He loves going there...until it starts to get crowded.  He is so good there.  He shares with the other kids and helps out those who are younger than him.

3/14-3/17 we went up to Phoenix.  On 3/14, we went to an Angels vs White Sox spring training game at the Angels stadium.  White Sox ended up winning.  The next day we went to the NASCAR race.  This time we had pit passes.  We got to go in the winner's circle and we signed the finished line.  I got close to the stage and took pictures of the drivers as they were introduced.  Blake Shelton walked by, but I only saw the back of him!  Kevin Harvick won again!  3/16 We went to the Reds vs Giants game.  The Reds won.  We split up on St Patty's Day.  I went to the Botanical Gardens and the zoo.  The Botanical Gardens were disappointing because not many cacti were blooming yet.  The boys went to the train park in Scottsdale and an auto museum.  Then they went to the Angels vs Rockies spring training game at Talking Stick.

I cooked the corned beef and cabbage the next day.  Nobody really cares for it, but me.  But once a year I want to eat my traditional St Patty's meal.

Today the boys went to the 4th Avenue Fair and I went to the Tucson Botanical Gardens.  The gardens were crowded since it is a Saturday, but I was excited to see the iris garden starting to bloom.  Some of the cacti were starting to bloom as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment