Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Yesterday, New Years Eve, we spent the day at the Phoenix Zoo.  We were so tired from our excursion that we were all in bed before midnight! 







Today, New Years Day, we got up and went to church.  Then we went to Grimaldi's Pizzeria for lunch where we got a free large pizza for my birthday!  The weather was absolutely beautiful today right around 80.  We all came home and eventually took a nap.  We also all woke up hot because our house actually warmed up quite a bit with the warmer weather outside.  I am not complaining yet...check back with me in the summer to hear me complaining!

Nathan went poopy in the potty for the first time today!

Our New Years resolutions:  For Paul, his is pretty simple.  He just wants to start exercising more.  His diet is already not too bad and he can't really lose any weight, but he is hoping that exercising more will allow him to reduce the amount of diabetic medicine he takes.  We took steps last year to achieve this goal by buying new bicycles.  Then all of the sudden the weather turned pretty cold here.  Now that it is warming up again maybe we can get out there and do some bike riding.  We are also doing more walking activities.  We went to Sabino Canyon on 12/26 and we did a lot of walking yesterday at the Phoenix Zoo.

I have several New Years resolutions:

1) Starting a blog was one of my New Years resolutions so I have already accomplished that!  Now I just need to update it regularly.

2) Eat healthier and exercise more.  This involves eating less sweets, eating out less (which means I need to cook more) and drinking less diet pop and more water.  Other than bike riding with the family, I also plan to ride my stationary bike at least a few times a week.  This should be easier to do now that Nathan will be starting part time daycare.

3) Work on my scrapbooks and take some photography classes.  I have already bought a Groupon for a 3-hr workshop on the basics of digital photography.  This is something that could be very useful to me since a year ago I bought my Nikon D90 and I still do not know a lot about the camera.  I also really need to work on my photographs and try to preserve the heritage photos before they further deteriorate.  Again, maybe now that Nathan will be in school a couple of days a week I will have more time to work on this time-consuming hobby! 

4)  Then there are a lot of other misc goals.  Be more positive.  Think before I speak and keep my mouth shut more!  Control my temper.  Take more bubble baths.  Get more massages.  Get more sleep.  Declutter.  Limit unneeded spending.  Pray more.  Read the Bible more.  Spend more time with my son and husband. 
  


2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love that you started a blog. I try my best to keep up with mine, but sometimes I tend to fall behind...just keep going though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I still check on yours now and then Debi!

    ReplyDelete