Sunday, January 22, 2012

It has been awhile...

since I have updated our blog.

On Wednesday, 1/18, Nathan was supposed to have speech therapy.  She did not show up.  When I called her, she said the other therapist who was going to be there also to do Nathan's re-evaluation could not make it that day and she thought she had called me about it, but realized that she must not have done so.  I was upset to say the least because this is the second time she has not shown up and there have been numerous occasions where she has rescheduled, usually only an hour or so before our appointment.  We are now having the re-evaluation done tomorrow and I plan to talk to her about this issue.  It is unprofessional.  Just because I am a stay at home mom with a flexible schedule does not mean that it is not an inconvenience to me and my son when she constantly does this.

On Thursday, I took Nathan to to the zoo. 


On Friday, Nathan had daycare.  I decided to go to the Botanical Gardens to take pictures of the butterfly house.  I mistakenly started driving toward the zoo so I just decided to go there first.  It is nice to be able to take pictures there without Nathan sometimes.  I got some good ones, too.  Then I went to the Botanical Gardens and got some good pictures of the butterflies.  Of course that took up most of my day so then it was time to pick up my boy!

On Saturday, Paul bought me flowers...just because.  He rarely buys me flowers or anything else anymore so that was a nice surprise.  He knew I was not too happy with him the last several days so he did it to tell me he was sorry and to show me that he still loves me.  Actually, he said they were from Nathan!

Today we actually went to Sunday School.  I guess that is another New Years resolution we have added because it is something we want to start doing on a routine basis.  It is tough because it takes us 45 minutes to get to church and it is hard to get up and out of the house an hour earlier. 

I think my son learned how to say the word "no" tonight.  I asked him a question and he shook his head no.  So I teased him and said, no?  He repeated no like 3 times.  Not sure if I like him saying that word...but since he is not a big talker I guess I will take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment