Tuesday, January 17, 2012

He got bit!

Well, we did not do much for our 3 day weekend/Martin Luther King Day.  We tried to stay in as much as possible to try and get over our "colds".  We ended up going out Sunday afternoon for lunch at Olive Garden and then we went and bought a steamcleaner.  So, Sunday and Monday we steamcleaned our house.  I also did some cleaning/reorganizing, particularly in Nathan's room.  During that process the talk of another baby came up.  We had pretty much decided we were one and done, but now Paul is saying it is still a possibility.  I think he would have another one in a heartbeat if he thought I could handle it.  That is the million dollar question, though, because motherhood has been very tough on me, especially without family here.  There are many reasons why we should not have more (our ages, finances, Paul's diabetes, etc...), but one of the reasons we did not have another one right away is because of Nathan's speech delay.  We really wanted to see if that resolved itself to make sure that we were not going to have to deal with a bigger underlying problem.  It is still questionable at this point.   

Today Nathan got bit at daycare.  I guess he had a book that another boy wanted so the other boy bit him.  He went to timeout and his parents were told.  I asked the teacher if Nathan was at fault in any way and she made it seem like he wasn't.  However, the write up says that he and the other boy were fighting and pushing.  Nathan does not push, but maybe he would if was pushed first.  Still, I am glad he was not the one biting and I hope he never does.  I did not make a big deal out of it because I know biting is common at daycare.  I guess they take further action at the daycare if the child repeatedly bites. 

I did my workout tonight and I took a bath!  However, I did not eat good today and I have not been eating good in general.  It is much easier to keep up with exercising than it is to diet.  I will keep trying with the diet, but at least I am still exercising.  Something is better than nothing. 

Tomorrow Nathan has speech therapy.  I believe he is supposed to be reevaluated because it has been alnost 6 months already since he was first evaluated.  I think he has improved, but he is still not where he should be.  We had considered looking into speech therapy at one of the local hospital's here per the peditatrician's suggestion, but I think we have decided against it for now.  I looked into it and our insurance will not cover it, but it will cost almost 3x what we are currently paying.  We also considered stopping the speech therapy altogether because we are not sure if it is helping and I am not happy with the state's billing system (they are just now billing us from way back in August and they give a lump sum amount each month that we are supposed to pay like within 10 days of the bill date...no details about what days they are billing for or anything).  I guess we are sticking with it for now, but I really hope that Nathan just has an explosion with words soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment